Homeowner Planning Guide
Overwhelmed by the details of your building or remodeling project?
- Are you worried about forgetting important details during your building or remodeling project and being left with a laundry list of “I wish I would haves”?
- Are you interested in building a home that is both beautiful and functional-one that includes conveniences to make everyday life flow more smoothly?
- Are you wondering how to get a better handle on the bottom line?
- Are you trying to figure out which construction components will result in an energy-efficient and healthy home?
- Do you wish you had a planning guide that offered the tips, reminders, ideas, and methods you need to handle all of the above concerns?
Your wish has been granted!
I have just released The Difference is in the Details; The Homeowner’s Planning Guide to Building a Functional Home.
This photograph-filled tool provides a roadmap of practical ideas for planning and building your home. Tips, reminders, and planning lessons are provided on the functional aspects of home construction, design, and usage from the ground up, including items such as green building, energy efficiency, disaster mitigation, air quality, aging in place, plumbing, electrical, lighting, and storage.
The Difference is in the Details fills the information gap in the residential construction process. Being informed lets you plan thoroughly, retain greater control of the bottom line, and end up with a home that fits your family’s unique needs.
“With dozens of “how to build your new home” books available, what could be left out? Plenty, as author DeCarlo shows in her practical approach to topics often left out, forgotten, or given scant attention. Readers will thank her for raising subjects to consider in the earliest stages of planning a new home.”
— Carol Smith, Author of “Building Your Home: An Insiders Guide”
Here are a few of the over 900 tips contained in this new planning guide for:
Selecting products and features that enhance the mechanics of daily living:
- Make the most of your closet space before you break ground. Learn what sizing and awkward design concerns to look for and correct on your plans in Chapter 28.
- Not sure about where to place electrical outlets? Look no further than Chapter 13 for a “how to” on outlet placement, plus many ideas for inventive locations.
- Oops! Mistakes to avoid in the kitchen design are pictured and explained in Chapter 24.
- Planning accommodations for your parents or for your future needs? Discover, in Chapter 9, what step must be added to the shower construction procedure in order to accommodate the installation of grab bars, now or in the future.
- Would you like an energy-efficient cooktop that cooks as fast as gas but never gets hot? Take a look at this product in Chapter 23.
Building a more durable, energy-efficient, and healthy home:
- Discover the most overlooked but easiest ways to significantly reduce energy costs in Chapter 5.
- Incorporate the product shown in Chapter 11 into your new house design and you’ll never have to replace a rotted exterior door jamb again.
- Does anyone in your family suffer with allergies or asthma? Find out what filtration options improve air quality in Chapter 12.
- Do you know what type of roofing lowers your energy cost? Find out in Chapter 9.
Taking more control of the bottom line:
- Create a more accurate bottom line and save thousands in change order charges. Find out how in Chapter 1.
- Discover how changing the timing of the selection process can have significant affect on your pocketbook in Chapter 2.
Don’t move in with a list of “I wish we would haves”. Take advantage of this easy-to-use teaching tool. It will guide you through creating a home that works for your family-inside and out, from the foundation to the rooftop.
If this guide saves you the cost of just one change order, you’ll recoup your investment several times over.
As an aid to navigation, pertinent tips even have their own designations: Healthy Home, Green, Energy Efficiency, Disaster Mitigation, Storage and Organization, Universal Design, and Ease of Cleaning, making it easy to conduct searches and/or isolate individual categories. Even more information is available through the hundreds of live links to supplier sites.